Director of Networking
September 1, 2019 - September 1, 2020
We are in need of a leader who can serve as Director of Networking for Army of Youth Ministries (AYM).
To lead the “Connect” focus of the ministry by providing and maintaining avenues for meaningful community and fellowship to take place in the context of discipleship.
- Provides insight, vision, and guidance on how AYM can provide meaningful and innovative avenues for community and discipleship.
- Develops and oversees a team of moderators to ensure quality control remains high on the AYM Social Networking platform.
- When necessary: warns, encourages, confronts, and/or bans users that abuse the social networking tools AYM provides.
- Ensures that the groups feature on the AYM website is being utilized to the fullest to create and foster community, fellowship, and mission.
- Handles and addresses reports of inappropriate activity on the AYM website.
- Encourages the members of the AYM website to abide by the AYM Code of Conduct that everyone agrees to abide by upon joining the site.
- Discourages any attitude or activity of debate, attack, controversy, or overall unkindness.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Committee.
- Participates in Executive Committee meetings as a voting member.
- A passion for helping young people stay connected with the church through the core value of community
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Not afraid of minor confrontation, when necessary
- Able to lead a team of people
- Able to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude
Possibilities/Ideas for Future Initiatives
- A program for discipleship, mentoring, and/or life coaching.
- A prayer requests feature so that users can pray for each other in a more organized and meaningful way.
We are asking for a 12 month commitment to serve in this capacity.